Punitha Valanar College of Education, an excellent B.Ed. college in the southern part of Tamilnadu, was established on 17th July, 2008.PVCE is the first Higher Educational Institution started by Dindigul Catholic Diocesan Society. It is a Co-educational Institute.
PVCE was established and inaugurated in 2008 by the Most.Rev.Dr.Antony Pappusamy, the First Bishop of Dindigul Diocese, who enjoys a great reputation for his contribution in the field of education in Dindigul Diocese. At present, His immediate successor Most.Rev.Dr. Thomas Paulsamy, the second Bishop of Dindigul along with Rev.Fr.K.Arockiasamy, the Correspondent of PVCE continues to take the college to new heights.
Our institution draws abundant spiritual strength from St. Joseph who is the Patron for Studies and hence the Patron of our College. Ever since its inception, PVCE has been striving for realizing its vision and mission by the power of God through the intercession of St.Joseph, our Patron. We strongly believe that Our College can attain a high degree of excellence through the synergy of all factors that lead to a great success in education.
- To impart a sound formation in all dimensions such as physical, academic, social, emotional and spiritual.
- To help them in developing their potentials, soft skills, self-esteem and self-confidence.
- To mould and motivate them towards the vision of excellence
- To strengthen their communicative abilities
- To equip them with thorough theoretical input and provide them an excellent practical training to make them effective in their teaching-learning process.
- To train them in ICT based methodology, blog creation and power point presentations.
- To make them imbibe the values of leadership through various campus activities.
- To impart the values of brotherhood, social justice, dignity of labour for making them the agents of social change.
VISION OF OUR B.Ed.COLLEGE
Our college aims at the integral formation of our prospective teachers and the promotion of all round development of our trainees at the service of school children for the establishment of a just and humane society.